Visions and Opportunities
The EDB Society and Singapore Management University (SMU), supported by the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), will hold a forum on 24 May 2019 entitled SPOTLIGHT INDONESIA - Visions and Opportunities.
Invited Guests will get to hear from dynamic founders and next-generation leaders of major Indonesian family conglomerates who are shaping the country’s future business landscape, as well as from Singaporean thought leaders, namely:-
• Dr Beh Swan Gin, Chairman Singapore Economic Development Board
• Mr Alvin Gozali, President Director PT. Putragaya Wahana
• Mr Alvin Sariaatmadja, President Director Emtek Group
• Ms Christina Suriadjaja, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer Travelio
• Mr Jonathan Tahir, Deputy Chairman Mayapada Group
• Professor Annie Koh, SMU Vice President, Office of Business Development, V3 Group Professor of Family Entrepreneurship and Professor of Finance (Moderator).
Professor Lily Kong, President SMU and Mr Lee Suan Hiang, President of The EDB Society will give the Welcome Remarks and Opening Address respectively. The Ambassador of Indonesia to Singapore, His Excellency Ngurah Swajaya, will also give an address.
The panel of Distinguished Speakers will share their visions and strategies for business transformation – “a break from the old”, and discuss opportunities on how Singapore can create value for Indonesian companies.
With the recent elections in Indonesia, this forum is particularly timely. Indonesia is undergoing steady economic growth, underpinned by the rise of its middle class and profound digital transformation. Indonesia has the fourth largest population in the world and US$1 trillion GDP (35% of Southeast Asia) in 2018. Forming a substantial core at 90% of local businesses are family-owned firms, which influence a wide range of key industries. Leadership transitions are ongoing with the younger generations increasingly taking the helm to expand overseas and create new businesses. Singapore and Indonesia enjoy robust economic ties, with Singapore being Indonesia’s largest foreign investor since 2014, and both being major trading partners.