Latest News/Upcoming Events
The EDB Society conveys our Deepest Condolences and Heartfelt Sympathy to Mrs Nathan and family on the passing of Mr S R Nathan.
Our Members have all been touched in one way or other, by Mr Nathan's humility and greatness, his resilience and fighting spirit, and his powerful sense of selflessness and nationhood. We salute him as a People's President and an exceptional Man For All Seasons.
Our Society was so honoured when Mr Nathan agreed to share his experiences and values as Distinguished Keynote Speaker at our Pioneering The Future Series scheduled for 19 July 2016. When we visited him at SGH on 13 July, he was looking forward to the event and was eager to find a rescheduled date.
The Society was also proud when Mr Nathan agreed that he would accept the Distinguished Fellow of The EDB Society Award (DFA), which we had planned to confer on him at the dialogue session. The DFA is bestowed selectively to prominent members and friends of The EDB Society who have made outstanding contributions and a significant difference to Singapore's economic growth and success. Mr Nathan had pioneered Singapore’s future in so many inimitable ways!
-Lee Suan Hiang & Members of The EDB Society
PIONEERING THE FUTURE SERIES
The Forum pays tribute to our Pioneer Leaders who have contributed to Singapore's transformation, and draws insights for future engagement and development.
Details of the 5th Forum are as follows:
Keynote Speakers: Mr Peter Seah, Mr Koh Boon Hwee, Dr Beh Swan Gin
Topic: Building Industry & Enterprise
Date & Time: 27 May 2016, 3-6pm
Venue: The Arts House, 1 Parliament Lane (Old Parliament House)
The EDB Society celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year in conjunction with SG50. A Gala Dinner was held on 23 July 2015 at The Fullerton Hotel. The EDB Society and The Straits Times also jointly present the Pioneering The Future Series 2015-16.
Other activities like Pioneer Series, Chairman/CEO Series, and Dialogue @#21 Series will also roll out.
Membership fees are again waived this year. So do get more former EDBians to sign up & grow our Alumni!
* Membership Fees are waived for the period April 2015 - March 2016. This status will be reviewed at the AGM in March 2016.
* The EDB Society is presently updating its Members’ Database. Current Members who have not yet submitted their updates are encouraged to do so, also to encourage new Members to join. Please use the attached Membership Application Form.
* We want to enhance & enrich our Website! We welcome Members contributing photos relating to their EDB days, links to their blogs, articles/books they have written, feedback on what you would like the EDB Society to do for you!
* Anthony Ang: CEO ARA Asset Management (Fortune) Limited
* Ang Chong Ming Roy: Deputy Head (Business Development) Singapore International Arbitration Centre
* Kumaran Barathan: CEO The Singapore Indian Development Association SINDA (wef 1.7.2014)
* Chan Wing Leong: Deputy President (Administration) & Chief Financial Officer Singapore Institute of Technology
* Chew Woon Wee: Assistant Manager (Corporate Planning Division) Zeon Corporation
* Jayson Goh: Senior VP (Airport Operations Management) Changi Airport Group
* Julian Ho: Consultant Egon Zehnder
* Fanny Huang: Relationship Manager Criticaleye
* Angeline Poh: Assistant CEO (Industry Group) Media Development Authority
* Vaanithasan S/O Sivakumaran: Assistant Manager, Home (Care Procurement Operations) Unilever
* Sophian Bin Abdul Rahman: General Manager Stemlife Berhad
* Tang Jui Huat Jason: Senior Manager (Business Development and Strategy) MANN+HUMMELGroup